Pages

Wednesday 27 August 2014

Leeds Festival 2014!

Good day to you all! 

Now that I have finally caught up on my sleep I am ready to tell you all about my adventure over the weekend that was Leeds Fest! This year I thought to myself, 'hey Em, why don't we go to a festival?' so that is exactly what I did. I used every last penny I had to purchase my ticket and essentials and then packed way too much stuff into the best festival bag I could find. In all honesty The 1975 determined the fact that I was going.



On Friday morning me and my best friend Maria set off to Bramham park, Leeds. Once we arrived we loaded ourselves up like mules. It then took us 2 whole hours to walk from the car park to our camping spot because everything was so heavy to carry. If you've ever done D of E or taken too much liquid to a festival you know the kind of pain I'm talking about! After giving up for one final time we decided to pitch our sturdy three man tent in the smallest possible place on a hill in the Blue camp. We did however have very nice neighbours who assisted us in the process of setting up home for the next 4 days. 




// A couple of photos from meeting The 1975. Just thought I'd mention that it finally happened. //

After later being joined by our third musketeer Brittany we were ready to be hit by the full force of festivalness. We enjoyed lots of bands and acts over the course of the weekend, lots of beverages (mainly ones that didn't belong to us) and the company of our new festival best friends. Shout out to orange camp! Before coming to fest I wasn't really sure what to expect other than knowing I was going to have the time of my life when The 1975 played (I did by the way, highlight of the weekend!). Making new friends made the whole experience so much more fun, and I got to enjoy my favourite band from the new found height of a new friends shoulder's. 
Over the weekend we saw The Neighbourhood, The Kooks, You Me At Six, met The 1975 and then saw them, Blink 182, Catfish and The Bottlemen, Courteeners, Imagine Dragons, Bombay Bicylce Club, Arctic Monkey and a ton of different DJ sets. I threw myself head first into this experience, seeing bands I never would have seen otherwise, and found myself bobbing along having a lot of fun. 





All in all the weekend was fantastic. Me and my friends laughed more than I believe we ever have. We got the smallest amount of sleep it is possible to live on. We saw amazing live music and immersed ourselves in crowds of festival goers. We danced with people, sang at the top of our voices and painted our faces shades of neon and tattooed our skin henna. 

Leeds Festival 2014, the highlight of my summer. // L O V E //

Love, Em x

No comments:

Post a Comment