Pages

Saturday 11 October 2014

University!

Hello folks,

First and foremost, why has it taken me so long to get this blog post up?! Well I have recently started university and I've had to reorganise my whole life. 

Starting university has allowed me to begin a whole new chapter to my life. After having an amazing year out of education from being unsuccessful with the application process last year getting back into education was a very exciting and unnerving process. And here I am, loving every single second of it.




// My new home //

Preparing for university was  a very exciting and scary process. I needed utensils to cook with (pfft, cooking?!), new bedding, a box full of stationary (yey!) and a bucket full of confidence. My biggest worry for starting university was moving in with a group of strangers knowing that I will be spending the next year of my life with them. What if they didn't like me? What if they were really noisy? WHAT IF THEY DIDN'T LIKE CATS?! 
Looking back they seem like ridiculous things to worry about. I now have an amazing group of new friends who have helped university feel like home. Freshers week was a great opportunity for us to get to know each other. I cannot tell you how many times you have to shake someones hand and then state your name, course and how old you are. Before I came to university I'd never shook anyone's hand. Seriously.





//Some of the wonderful bunch I've met here. Also me looking ridiculously happy standing in some steam //


Starting my course was extremely exciting. I've know what I want to be when I grow up for as long as I can remember and now my time is here to make that a reality. Getting back into education was hard but so rewarding. We get so much work and sometimes I feel like my brain is falling out of my ears, but it is so worth it and I have my beautiful new friends to enjoy all the time in between with. GET YOURSELF A PLANNER OR YOUR LIFE WILL BE A MESS! 
























// The team. They are fabulous. //

University isn't like the movies. We are possibly the laziest freshers I've ever met when it comes to going out. It is however, just as fun as the movies. If you're considering going to university I would say GO FOR IT GIRLFRIEND because it is quite simply, brilliant. I know now that these people are the main characters within this new chapter of my life and will be embarking on these amazing new journeys with me. 

Love, 
Em x 

No comments:

Post a Comment